The Geek Anthropologist editorial team is looking to add an Acquisitions Editor! Interested? Read on! Know someone who might be interested? Let them know!
The Acquisitions Editor is the member of the editorial team tasked with recruiting contributors and soliciting content for the site. In most cases, they will be the initial point of contact for new authors, and will work to develop an active authorial community. As a member of the editorial team they will help to identify goals and strategies for helping The Geek Anthropologist accomplish our mission. Like all of our positions here, this is a volunteer position.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to develop publishing agenda and goals (10%)
- Acquire new content for The Geek Anthropologist through contacting existing writers, soliciting new manuscripts, and identifying and contacting potential authors (50%)
- Develop authorial community (15%)
- Coordinate the pairing of new manuscripts with editorial team members (5%)
- Serve as editor on manuscripts assigned (20%)
- Networking and outreach
- Identifying quality writers and content
- Motivating authors to make submissions
- Teamwork and communication
- Interest in and knowledge of both geek culture and anthropology
To apply, send a CV and cover letter detailing qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received by March 23, 2018 will receive full consideration.