October 11, 2012 by The Geek Anthropologist
For this week’s photo challenge, I decided to go all in. Since the theme is both so simple and inspiring, and because it was so hard taking a pick between all the things that make me happy, I couldn’t stop with just a photo gallery. So I have assembled a collection of images and videos that represent the people and things I go to when I want to feel happy. I hope you enjoy them!
My other half completes me. He makes me so happy, and he’s my favorite geek. I’m a big fan of colors, like pink, and flowers. My sisters took the Bougainvillea photo in Mexico last November when my family visited for my wedding. The Sakura flowers remind me of the time I spent in lovely Japan, where I met my husband. I’ll let you interpret the rest of the images.
1. I love science-fiction, cute robots and musicals. I’ve seen Hello Dolly countless times. So you won’t be surprised by the intro video! Pixar movies never fail to deliver (except maybe for Cars…)
2. Mythbusters is guaranteed to make me laugh and smile: it’s not just all the explosions, it’s also the lovely and funny personalities on the show.
3. Even if most of the time their stories seem a bit ridiculous, Bollywood movies look amazing and have the best soundtracks. If the images annoy you, look at something else and put up the volume!
4. Star Trek, Jean-Luc Picard and a song. This video has it all.
5. And finally, and certainly not least, are the Studio Ghibli movies. Simply amazing! I can’t pick a favorite.
Watch the videos here!
-The Geek Anthropologist